The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My 2 cents...

: Jacek,

: I'm sorry to hear this since you boght the
: watch 2 weeks a go only.

: This is very typical of Omega watches. They
: don't last and are always faulty. They are
: not as durable as the watches you mentioned.
: All that I hear about OMEGA are problems.

"They don't last and are always faulty"???? May I ask what real-world data you have to back up such a sweeping generalization of the brand's quality? As an Omega owner who did own 2 watches that were repaired under warranty, I can also tell you that I owned another dozen or so over the years that ran just fine. My oldest is now over 4 years old and runs as good today as it did on day one. If Omegas are "always faulty", then I suppose my watches are just a fluke, huh?

: I was on the same boat once. I had a watch
: exactly the same as yours 2531.80 I'm glad I
: got rid of it already. SOLD IT! The Seaaster
: Just gave me problems, problems, problems.

Okay, so all we've heard from you so far is that you owned one Omega that was defective. Do you feel that this one bad experience makes you an expert on the overall quality of ALL Omega watches?

: My advice is that return it to the seller. It's
: been 2 weeks only since you furst purchased
: the watch. Refund your money and buy a
: different brand.

: Better yet just swap it for a Brietling or IWC
: (I think you need to add extra bucks for
: this)
: My point is..... get rid of the watch while you
: still have the chance and the watch is still
: under warranty.

Why not just do what I suggested in an earlier post and have the dealer swap the defective piece out for a new one? If Jacek likes the looks, fit, and feel of the Omega, then buying another brand simply because you tell him to isn't going to give him what he wants. He was obviously attracted to the Seamaster or he wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

: Never buy Omega again!!!

Again, this is more opinion with no factual data to back it up. As CajunMike said, I'd love to see any data you have that the rest of us are not privy to. So far all you've done is rant and rave but given us no concrete evidence that Omegas are inferior to other brands.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE