The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Monaco McQueen cheat !
In Response To: Re: Monaco McQueen cheat ! ()

: Hello Lorenzo,
: So you are the lucky new owner. I sold the
: watch to Florian. My wife won the auction
: when it first came about. I am the owner of
: the other McQueen, the one he wore during
: the making of the movie. I did not feel the
: need to own both, thus the reason I sold the
: one you now own. Congratulations!
: Regards,
: David

Hello David. Glad to see you on the Heuer website concerning your Steve McQueen Leman's Monaco. Great watch and the one Steve McQueen actually wore during the filming of the movie. David may be too modest to admit it but this is his everyday watch. Also he has a Heuer Monaco Caliber 15 Automatic with the Silverburst Dial that is his dress watch. Very nice Heuer Monaco collection. Congratulations to you David on the great Heuer Monaco's you have obtained. Also a little surprise for the Steve McQueen fans. There is a third original Heuer Monaco that was actually used in the making of the movie "24 Hours at Lemans" staring the legend Steve McQueen. It is identical to the other two Steve McQueen Monaco's. It is still in the possession of the Property Manager of the movie, "24 Hours at Lemans", who sold the other two Steve McQueen Lemans Monaco's to David. So it appears that there were three Heuer Monaco used in the movie. I will post photos of the third McQueen Monaco later. Good collecting, Charles Rush.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE