The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: carrera ref.150.573
In Response To: carrera ref.150.573 ()

Ciao Gianvittorio!

Yes, this is the watch in row F-5 of our new Carrera table : http://www.onthedash.com/docs/CarreraReferenceTable.htm

They do seem pretty rare in their Calibre 15 configuration. The 1974 catalogue has debuts for this Carrera case with both Calibre 12 and 15 movements, but while we see the Cal 12s again in 1975, '77 and even as late as '78, we never see the Cal 15s again. Ok, not all watches that Heuer produced made it into the catalogues, but it certainly seems 150.573s had a shorter production lifespan than the 110.573s. I certainly see them much more often with Cal 12s.

The Côtes de Geneves dials are indeed fascinating, watching the light play over them is always fun!

My champagne and fumé Cal 12 versions say hi:

You probably won't see them often either, so if you've seen one you like, my advice would be to grab it while you can.

Mark

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE