The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
gold fightback
In Response To: Re: carrera ref.150.573 ()

Great watches Mark. The gold one is very cool, I might have to add it too the potential shopping list. Is the bracelet original with the watch? It certainly is the correct era and looks good on the watch.

There has been a definite fightback for gold watches these days, from you Arno, Abel and a few others. A few years ago I am pretty sure the forum rules said you would be banned for two weeks and made to wear a $15 TAG-era monaco fake if you mentioned a gold chrono which was made after 1959 (the earlier ones could be mentioned in polite society).... only joking (err...sort of).

Jeff, could we have a gold amnesty as a theme for a scan day? I'm sure all of us have some gold guilty secret in our collections....

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE