The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: gold fightback
In Response To: gold fightback ()

Thanks Shaun.

The 1158s are leading the fightback as they are a gold version of what is essentially a pretty cool, classic Heuer, redolent with motorsport, Ferrari and Jack Heuer connections. If anyone has a chance to handle one, take it, they have a nice additional heft over the already comfortable 1153 - shame the only one on eBay currently is over twice the price it should be. Rare too - TAG-Heuer reckon only 150 were made over about a 9 year production run.

The bracelet on the 110.515 is pretty much unworn, so I'm not sure if it was the one supplied when the watch was bought but it is the right model, so it's possible. The whole watch is pretty untouched in fact. I'd seen a few on straps before and though they were intriguing, I hadn't bought one, so this being on the bracelet was a bit of a clincher for me - thanks again Nic!

And one with it's 573 bracelet brother!:

515s are out there if you did decide to shop for one, there were a couple at the Munich watch fair in March. The 571 seems harder to find though - unfortunate as that's somewhere near the top of my want list now!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE