The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Maiden bid watches
In Response To: Maiden bid watches ()

Sadly I dont think I have yet grabbed much of a bargain on Ebay despite spending many many hours constantly searching them out.

My only experience of a bargain was a couple of years ago on a pinball machine & just like Darren the seller then renaged on the deal & refused to sell it to me. As you would expect ebay were useless & refused to intervene in any way at all. My recent experience with the Skipperrera only reinforced my view that its a waste of space trying to involve Ebay in a dispute - on this occasion the seller refused my paypal payment to him (even though his listing said he accepted it). Ebay wouldnt look into it without me having to submit copies of emails in the most bizarre format ever - they wouldnt accept a simple attachment. Strikes me their motive is to just be plain awkward when you have an issue in the hope we give up (as indeed I did).

I did pick up a couple of Temporaras a year ago for a few hundred each - some recent Ebay listings have been trying to sell them for £1,000 to £2,000 - on that basis mine would be a bargain but sadly I think the truer price is closer to mine.

I just wondered how on earth you found your Carerra listed on ebay - I look constantly with various searches & never saw that one! Quite often we see people quoting listings here that dont come up in any search I try. Has anyone mastered a comprehensive Ebay Heuer search yet or figured out a way to search just for vintage heuers without getting pages of crud including sunglasses etc? I always find refining a search seems to potentially miss decent listings.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE