The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You Might Want to Press for This One

The "accidental second listing" sounds like an interesting story . . . you might be able to do some checking on listings for completed auctions, to see whether there was any such second listing, and which was listed first.

I suspect that someone came along and offered considerably than your BuyItNow price, and that seller decided to break your deal and go with the higher price. We see this all too often. If this is what he has done, then he has broken his contract with you and would be responsible to either deliver the watch or pay you for the "loss of bargain".

My recommendation: do the research, press the seller, and see whether you can land this one.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This fantastic find on a buy it now eBay listing made my day :

:
: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250430902304&ru=http
: %3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp3907.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D250430902304%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

: Sadly the seller has returned my payment claiming the listing is an
: accidental 2nd listing of an item already sold. I am "In
: the process" of trying to find out what happened & why
: i'm not the happy owner of this classic 2444 A & F Seafarer.
: My thoughts are the seller may not have been aware of the
: Seafarer's value when making the listing but then later found
: out after i had bought it.

: Keep your fingers crossed for me - Darren

: -

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE