The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Autavia Chronomatic Siffert offered

Intereresting subject.

Of course movement may have been changed at service, this is very common. Also i have no confidence 100% that the box we see in Arnos book with his Siffert is the ONLY box an automatic chronograph chronomatic would have come with. I have seen early Monacos come with plain, manual and automatic boxes from this period, there are NO 100% g'tees with Heuer only our assumptions.

Cheers

Rich
www.heuermonaco.co.uk

i agree with the movement observation.

: so my conclusion is. someone either got a NOS dial chronomatic or
: its a refinished dial and put this into a big blog 1st version
: Siffert (non chronomatic).

: do we know if the sticker on watch back differs betwen the 60s
: models and the 70s models? I dont know but at least the hang
: tags looks very different between 60s and 70s.

: I agree its an interesting watch but at this price level I do
: expect more confident in its history.

: lso I informed the seller that box defenitelly does not belong to
: the watch.....we all now how this watch should look like...

: ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE