The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Staying off thread topic!

Well it’s gone off topic now and I apologise for keeping it so; some very interesting points have been made though.

I can’t disagree with anything that has been said here and I’ve commented before about how refreshingly ‘grown up’ OTD is in comparison to some forums. The situation is slightly different for me being so comparatively late to the game-a mere 2.5 years or so. However even I have noticed a change in the level of forum posts-more so within the last couple of months I’ll admit. I hadn’t attributed it to the social media syndrome, but the point’s well taken…and it’s urging me once again to dabble in that side of things now I realise I’m missing out.

I think both Jeff and Rod made an excellent point and a vital one for me, that no matter what the future postings hold the sheer volume and intricacy of historic Heuer information held on OTD is second to none and will (hopefully) always be there. I cannot quantify how much information and KNOWLEDGE I have personally gained from old postings-the search function has been invaluable to me. OTD is still my ‘home’ and the first place I look each and every day for new Heuer information.

In a poignant way, Stewart’s comments on how he was helped by Paul and Rich are echoed by me, but also the significant help Stewart himself has always passed on to me (and Gianluca and many others!) ……..and the circle of life continues as I like to think I’ve helped others ‘younger’ than me too. (and so it goes on…...)

OTD is full of incredible information and the Heuer community is full of amazing and genuinely passionate people-I found that out at the very start. Thank you Jeff for OTD and thanks everyone for your help so far and in the future.

My piece added. :-)

Steve

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE