The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: For the Rolex fans ...(sorta long)
In Response To: For the Rolex fans among us ()

I completely agree...and I am a former Rolex owner....fully recovered...thanks.

Here is a real good one for ya...

At my previous office in Orlando there was a guy (an engineering department manager) who had the typical blue face, steel and gold Rolex Sub. He must have obtained it recently, because I knew him well enough to notice that he had not been wearing this watch previously.

Well, I had to attend regular meetings with this person and one day I had noticed that his Sub had stopped running, but I said nothing.
He eventually noticed that it had stopped too, and he started figiting with the watch during this meeting...taking it off, winding it, shaking it etc...not making a scene, but being a WIS I noticed all this, but said nothing (obviously). The watch never started during the meeting. He stopped fooling around with it and put it back on like nothing happened. Here is where it gets neurotic...

At the same weekly meeting, a week later and even a few weeks after that, the guy shows up at the meeting wearing the Sub...and it is still not working. IMO, he was so insistant that he wear his Rolex, he did not even care if it worked. He eventually must have brought it in for service, because after those meetings he was not wearing it for several weeks.

"Steel and Gold Rolex Sub - $6,000"
"Overhaul on Rolex Sub - $1000"
"All the neurosis that goes with owning a Rolex...PRICELESS!"

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE