The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

Re: You want the reason???
In Response To: You want the reason??? ()

: The honest answer to your question is Rolex has
: far more value than Omega! Rolex has
: superior design ( classic) that is why it is
: the most copied (fakes) watch worlwide.

: Omega can never beat Rolex even if they get all
: the Hollywood stars even get James Bond to
: endorse their product. Rolex will still beat
: them. 'ROLEX HAS THE REPUTATION OF BEING THE
: BEST IN THE WORLD' Those people who buy
: Omega are those people who want second best,
: who clearly want a Rolex, but cannot afford
: one just yet!

: This may be an Omega forum, but I'm just being
: honest. Don't et me wrong, I had bought an
: Omega Seamaster 2531.80 watch, but once I
: had the money tospend, I replaced it right
: away with A Rolex Sub which is the original
: watch Of 007!
When I ask anyone if they've heard of Rolex, the answer is always yes.
When I mention Omega or Tag H., most people haven't heard of those brands.
When I look at all these people, they no nothing about watches.
Everytime I go to the doctor or chiropractor, I flip through magazines. These magazines are packed with adds from Rolex, no-one else.
I find it amusing the way people talk about Omega's connection with the Bond character.
When in fact, Rolex spends far more money on advertising in these "highlife" type of magazines.
I think the majority of people that own a Rolex
are wealthy, and buy one cause they're afraid noone will recognize a different brand. Especially when all they see are Rolex adds in all these magazines.
There are plenty more smaller watch manufacturers such as AP or Patek Phillip which can produce finer watches than Rolex.

But wealthy Joe wants to make a statement and he won't buy a Patek cause noone will recognize it, but everyone has heard of Rolex, WIS, or not.
Remember that this is a watch forum and opinions will vary from those on the street.

My post is way I see things, so don't take it the wrong way.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE