The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

let me reply you
In Response To: The REAL REASON!!! ()

1)Clearly my first post in this forum was
completely misunderstood.
I did not mean to disrespect the whole
community.
2)I'm sure that most of you, if not all, can
definitely afford to buy a luxury watch that
is an Omega, Brietling, Rolex or even the
more expensive one's like Patek, IWC,
Piaget, Blancpain etc. (so more power to all
of you!)
3)To be honest, Rolex still beats Omega in terms
of prestige, resale value, and worldwide
recognition and timeless design (I'm sure
everyone will agree with me on this)
4)At the end of the day, if you can afford to buy
the best or perceived to be the best......... then why not! You only get to live once.
5)Never settle for second best! Clearly this is
what Omega is compared to Rolex.
6)As I've said in my previous post, I bought an
Omega Seamaster 2531.80. This was my first
luxury watch after I retired my Tag. I was
happy with the watch, but only for a while.
At the end of the day, I still wanted the
real thing that is the Submariner. That is
why I went for it. To date I own 3 Rolex's!
Probably later on as I get older I might go
for those Patek's until then I'm happy with
my Rolex.

7)Remember this my fellow watch enthusiast's............................................
"A ROLEX WILL ALWAYS BE A ROLEX AND AN OMEGA
WILL JUST BE AN OMEGA"
8)You cannot compare a BMW or Mercedes benz to a
Ford Falcon or Toyota Camry.

1) ok but however I am not the only who found the tone you used quite harsh in your previous post
2) Breitling (is an assembleur and was never a real manufacture so I don't count it in pluxury watches),IWC is now an assembleur too but also a manufacture at the same time, that depends of which brands you wollect and buy because tehre are many factors in what are called true prestige brands and strictly pure marketing brands.
3)No and no. 7 persons out of 10 in the world know Omega, Omega was 22 times world olympic games timekeeper, official NASA supplier,holder od several records of precisions and it beat Rolex in terms of chronometer produced from the early 1900's til 1974. Value is another thing, the old daytonas are extremely expensive but their movement is just another valjoux 727 not a lemania 2310. The speedy has a timeless design. The deville coaxials are based on the 1964 constellation de luxe design, the Railmaster are based on the 1957 railmaster design
4)I would rather have a 321 over an old daytona, the 321 is what you find in pateks but it is very modified
5)The best handwound movement ever built are the one from the 30mm series and certainly not the rolex hunter movements
6)There are amny other choices more interesting than a sub like the chopard pro one,blancpain fifty fathoms limited edition anniversary II,jacques etoile atlantis,the latest Glasshütte
diving watch and porbably other watches
7)I like both brands equally but I prefer Omega before the Hayek Eta era
8)Omega can not been compared to Ford and not to Toyota. Breitling can be compared to ford because they just engrave etas and doesn't have a significant movement in their collection.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE