The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

The REAL REASON!!!
In Response To: Re: You want the reason??? ()

Clearly my first post in this forum was completely misunderstood.

I did not mean to disrespect the whole community.
I'm sure that most of you, if not all, can definitely afford to buy a luxury watch that is an Omega, Brietling, Rolex or even the more expensive one's like Patek, IWC, Piaget, Blancpain etc. (so more power to all of you!)

To be honest, Rolex still beats Omega in terms of prestige, resale value, and worldwide recognition and timeless design (I'm sure everyone will agree with me on this)

At the end of the day, if you can afford to buy the best or perceived to be the best......... then why not! You only get to live once.

Never settle for second best! Clearly this is what Omega is compared to Rolex.

As I've said in my previous post, I bought an Omega Seamaster 2531.80. This was my first luxury watch after I retired my Tag. I was happy with the watch, but only for a while. At the end of the day, I still wanted the real thing that is the Submariner. That is why I went for it. To date I own 3 Rolex's! Probably later on as I get older I might go for those Patek's until then I'm happy with my Rolex.

Remember this my fellow watch enthusiast's............................................ A ROLEX WILL ALWAYS BE A ROLEX AND AN OMEGA WILL JUST BE AN OMEGA"

You cannot compare a BMW or Mercedes benz to a Ford Falcon or Toyota Camry.

: I'm re-reading my post and realize I may have
: gotten carried away by my answer. People
: like that just get to me. I apologize to the
: vast majority of Rolex wearers who are great
: people. But the truth remains that I
: purposely overlooked Rolex in search of my
: first major watch purchase for the sole
: reason of avoiding the negative stigma
: sometimes attached to Rolex (and the person
: wearing it) because of people like
: "Watch Guy". I suppose that's a
: reflection on me caring what other people
: think but in my profession personal
: reputation is extremely important and I
: can't risk even one person making a snap
: judgement on me just because I'm wearing a
: Rolex.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE