The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum

zOwie Omega Discussion Forum

Opened July 1999, zOwie is the Internet's first and longest running discussion forum dedicated to Omega brand watches.

Feel free to discuss pricing and specific dealers. But 'for sale' postings, commercial solicitation and ads are not allowed. Full archive of all messages is accessible through options in the Search and Preferences features. Privacy, policies and administrivia are covered in the Terms of Use.

For the answer to the NUMBER #1 most frequently asked question here--for details or value of a specific older Omega watch you have--go to: Tell Me About My Omega. Learn more about How To Include Photos and HTML In Your Postings. To contact someone with a question not relevant to other readers of the forum, please click on their email address and contact them privately.

My Thoughts...
In Response To: The atomic truth ()

Vorollo - I know that no one here meant to offend you, but we see the "Omega vs. Rolex" debate here so often that it can tend to become annoying at times.

That being said, I think people have to understand that there are a LOT of people like yourself who genuinely are confused by "what are the differences between the two brands and what makes a Rolex worth so much more?"

I openly admit that I am and always have been an "Omega guy", simply because I don't feel that any other brand gives you a better watch for the money. However, I love watches in general, so I always try to keep an open mind to what other brands have to offer.

Without starting the proverbial "Rolex vs. Omega debate", I think that everyone can agree that Rolex does make high quality, time tested movements, but you pay a very heavy premium for that movement. Also, Rolex certainly has done a better job in marketing their brand, so people will always be willing to pay a premium for the "privilege" of owning a Rolex.

Even the Rolex owners I've spoken to over the years agree that Rolex pricing is much too high, and that the only reason they charge so much is because they CAN. If people will pay it, why not get as much as you can for your product? After all, Rolex worked hard and spent a fortune on marketing to get people to see them as the "gold standard" so that people would be willing to pay more just to own their product. Whether you choose to spend this much on their product is entirely an individual choice.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE