The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Guess: $318,000

First lots go off in 15 minutes, so time to post a guess: I am guessing that it breaks through the high end of the estimated range, and settles in at $318,000 (with premium). Seems like it's worth about one-third the price of the one-sample racing suit . . . How's that for logic!!

I am also admitting that this is a complete crap-shoot / wild guess, on my part, and there may not even be a bidder at the opening $200,000. Interestingly, a bid of $200,000 will cost the buyer $246,000, so if it opens, then maybe it gets to $300K in a hurry.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++

: OK, folks . . . the time has come. We have had the discussion,
: now let's see the estimates: How much will this "Worn by
: McQueen" Monaco achieve at today's auction of Hollywood
: memorabilia?

:
: http://www.onthedash.com/thoughts/heuer-monaco-worn-by-mcqueen-part-two/

: Post your estimated price (including the 23% buyers premium), and
: the winner of this contest will receive two scoops of your
: favorite ice cream, plus two toppings (next time you are in
: Atlanta to collect)!!

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE