The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Good News: The Sun Still Rose in the East!!

Good news, folks . . . it's the "day after" the big, crazy auction, and I am here to report that the sun still rose in the east . . . here in Atlanta, Georgia and most likely your location, as well!! So our little world does not seem to have changed in any fundamental way.

I must confess that sometimes I get too wrapped up in watching the monetary / financial aspects of this hobby . . . whether the price guides or the high profile auctions. Yes, I think these matters are interesting, but they should not distract us from the focus on our watches, and our collecting, and our community.

The folks in Hollywood are nuts!! At the moment, have a couple of oligarchs, oil barons, entrepreneurs or other very wealthy collectors who are chasing the Steve McQueen memorabilia. That's a different world, and I am still very happy in our little corner of the watch world!!

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++

: OK, folks . . . the time has come. We have had the discussion,
: now let's see the estimates: How much will this "Worn by
: McQueen" Monaco achieve at today's auction of Hollywood
: memorabilia?

:
: http://www.onthedash.com/thoughts/heuer-monaco-worn-by-mcqueen-part-two/

: Post your estimated price (including the 23% buyers premium), and
: the winner of this contest will receive two scoops of your
: favorite ice cream, plus two toppings (next time you are in
: Atlanta to collect)!!

: Jeff

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE