The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Completely agree Jeff, it's not about the money

Completely agree with you there Jeff, and i think that's a major part of the foundation of this little corner of watch hounds. Yes, some may argue that statement is easy to say from someone who has a few Heuers, but I get just as much enjoyment from a $500 diver as I do from a Silverstone. Half of the fun is learning, reading and chasing down a watch.
Sometimes it's getting a wreck and quietly waiting for months, if not years for the right parts to pop up on eBay that can give a whole lot more satisfaction than buying a high ticket minter. I think Heuers, and the community that surrounds them is open to anyone, regardless if how deep their pockets are.

Now onto the McQueen Monaco.. As cool as it is, and the providence behind it, I still think one of the coolest Heuers with the coolest back story is the Sammy Davis Jr Monaco that was recently discussed right here on OTD.

Happy Heuer Hunting to everyone!
Stewart

Ps. Please excuse any typos, I'm on my phone :)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE