The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Diversification

I sold off about 15 of my first generation Carreras for two reasons.
1. I truly enjoy the hunt for a watch or in this case my search for a great Carrera collection. I found that I had just about exhausted
the different variants available. I will still buy Carrera's, but will look for poly backed one's or ?
2. It was time to grow my Rolex GMT and Daytona collection, having added a number of 1675 GMT's and a couple of 70/80's Daytonas.
Also adding a 2998 Speedmaster, rare Zenith Panerai, and a beatutiful very early WG President from Andrew Shear. Lastly our friend Abel
found the Siffert Autavia I had been looking for to add to my collection.
So for Heuers - 2447SN, 2447D (Hodinkee spotlight from Derek Dier), 1133B from RC, the Siffert and lastly my NOS/mint 3648S that started it all
for this great brand.
I wear all my watches !!
I am convinced my expendable money works better for me with watches and gold, than languishing on Wall Street.

As far as cars, my 930 Targa, is a garage queen and I had to have a driveable American muscle car I can work on and have as my daily driver in
a few years when I can put my passport away. As most of us know that have a passion for cars, more money seems to be spent
then we get out of them when and if we sell one.

By the way, anybody know of any vintage watch shops in Mumbai or New Delhi (haha), as I leave in a couple days.

So in the end, I wanted to diversify my collection and my wife still shakes her head as I spend too much time looking for the next watch.
I will always have at least a half dozen Heuer's in my collection, the 2447 models were the start of it all.

Great topic Jeff !!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE