The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
1965 Rambler American & 1981 Alfa Romeo Spider

This model 1965 Rambler American was a family car (rather than "Jeff's car"), but it was my ride to high school every day. That worked out OK, as it regularly overheated during the Alabama summers, but was OK in the winter.

I lived in New York and Boston for 11 years (college, law school and first job), so my first car as an adult came at age 30, this model Alfa Romeo Spider (1981). Would love to have this one back!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: I guess my first car was quite late by US standards. We're not
: allowed to drive in the UK until 17 anyway but then I was off to
: Uni shortly and not in much need of a car. So it wasn't until
: some time after I graduated that I did buy a car. And I just
: found some photos of it too!

:
:

: Loved that car :) I'd forgotten it had those white trim lines in
: the intervening years... Nicer bumpers (fenders) than the
: Federal spec ones with the ugly great repeaters embedded in
: them.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE