The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Interesting read Rick *PIC*
In Response To: Interesting read Rick ()

: I confess that I read your posts on the first 6 or 7 pages then
: skipped to the end though - if you could let us know whereabouts
: to look for where you first found the Siffert connection, that
: would be great :)
:
: Good shout of Bryce to point you here too.

Yes-yes --- that thread's a bit of a slog, isn't it? Sorry

Anyway, finding-out about the car's history took place off-&-on, over several months. Earlier this year, I'd finally contacted the Porsche Archives, asking for confirmation of the car's various identification numbers + equipment. I received their response on p45, post #443 . . . which brought up the matter of the car's 'dealer number' . . . see item #2

I'd already discovered that the car had some strange details --- and now the dealer number that the Archives gave indicated that the car was built for 'factory use' --- not a regular customer

Porsche doesn't give out information so much as confirm what you give them, so . . . I was kinda stuck. Meanwhile, some fellow Porschephiles on The Early 911S Registry gave details about a green 911 that Siffert had once owned --- the 1180 car that had belonged to Thomas Seydoux . . . and the similarities to my car were pretty striking

I ended-up collecting all the information that I'd confirmed over time with all of the hearsay that I hadn't --- then confronted the Archives. Their response is on p48, post #479

The spectacular part happened a few days later when some very helpful people pulled a lot of strings and provided me with a copy of what's know as a Kardex --- Porsche's internal build record for the car. And written there was Siffert's name . . . p50, post #493

But the really spectacular part? I did some more research and discovered a few weeks ago that the address on the Kardex wasn't Siffert's concession in Fribourg

It's a private residence . . . obscured, here --- sorry

And, yes --- I've thanked Bryce . . . both for his photo --- and for this site!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE