|The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.|
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
Unfortunatly, I couldn't stay for the auction but was following on my phone during a family meeting!
Anyway, I was extremelly happy to meet so many collectors and to discuss with some guys that until this week, they were just an email adress or an IG profile!
We share some excellent moments, thanks ti all of you.
Like you I'm astonished for the final pricing for some watches.
Having a look on the past, comparing some prices from Arno's auction in december 2010:
- Monaco 740303N Dark Lord, Arno's: 47K€ -> Paul&Rich: 76K€
- Carrera 1158CHN, Arno's: 23K€ -> Paul&Rich: 50K€
- Carrera 2547 N, Arno's: 5,5 K€ -> Paul&Rich: 25 K€
- Autavia 1163T Siffert Flat A, Arno's: 7,5 K€ -> Paul&Rich: 29 K€
And the best for the end, the most incredible evolutions:
- Autavia 1163T Siffert Chronomatic, Arno's: 30K€ -> Paul&Rich: 100K€
- Carrera 3147N Indianapolis, Arno's: 8,9 K€ -> Paul&Rich: 47 K€
- Autavia 2446 1st Exe, Arno's, 2 watches: around 6K€ -> Paul&Rich: 199 K€
It's clear that most of us, we own these watches for our personal pleasure, anyway the worth of our collection perform better that some shares in the financial market.
I've done a quick sheet with the final prices,