The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
This is what I saw- (the last gavel that you mention.)

Anyone care to spot the guest 'gaveleer' for the last item....? (clue-he has a birthday soon.)

I can't say anything further than that in Jeff's summary-brief but spot on. I'm positive there will be some more in-depth discussions and analysis in the very near/further future.

The experience itself was a truly memorable one for me-not just for the auction itself but to be able to match so many faces to so many names and delve into the knowledge, opinions (there were many opinions!) and experiences of others. It was a truly international event represented from far and wide but all with a similar passion. Here is a fraction of the Heuers being passed around/shown at the Saturday GTG....

....and not even a silver/eggshell 2447 in sight.....of which there were 'ample' present.

Last, but of course not least, congratulations to Rich and Paul. I'm 'bowled over' I was able to be present at such an occasion.

Steve

: It’s 5:00 AM here in Geneva, “the morning after”. Need to
: head to the airport soon, but let me share some very quick
: thoughts.

: Summarize in less than 140 characters / elevator version? Results
: were solid, lacking the fireworks (new records at the top of the
: marquee), but seeing reinforcement of a strong market and lift
: for several watches previously in the middle of the Heuer range.
: [that was 166 characters (without the spaces) / 199 characters
: (with the spaces).]

: A natural (and healthy) “rotation” as some of the most
: over-heated of the 1960s Autavias corrected, while the 1960s
: Carreras continued the advance. Bidders were willing to pay up
: for the watches in the very best condition.

: Heuer enthusiasts were certainly well-represented . . . probably
: the most Heuer guys in any one room, ever!! A fantastic few days
: for the collectors’ community and for the TAG Heuer brand.
: Yes, our beloved Heuers went onto the big stage (Geneva auction)
: and acquitted themselves well.

: Phillips did a great job, from the run-up to the auction to the
: last gavel. Brilliant marketing; excellent execution.

: So what did you see?

: Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE